Monday, March 30, 2009

Continuation of Models in Sketchup

This first image, shows the above space, energy, designed for Fiona Hall. This model is a continuation of my second section. I've added my texture onto on the walls behind the 2D image of the lady. For this space, i wanted to represent energy in both the physical and emotional way.

The above image shows the front view of the above ground space. Within the second and the first image, I've added a few other textures to my model, representing the material that I want for the space. In both images, it can be seen that there are a lot of glass shapes and panels all around the walls and the extrusion of the ceiling. This is to allow natural light (energy) to seep through the space. The abstract placement of the shapes, allows the sunlight to come through at different areas, creating different shadows and the amount of light.

The third image above, shows my texture added to one of the walls, and the chosen artwork from Fiona Hall to scale, in the studio space designed for her. I've also added the texture of the actual artwork onto the surroundings on the window, to develop a sense of what kind of materials I want to use for the space, seeing as how many of Fiona Hall's work are put together by many different pieces.



Above is an image of all the spaces combined. I need a little more work especially on my exhibition space and also my underground space. But this is just my rough copy so far.


This fifth image is the designed underground space, isolation for Tracey Moffat. As you can see, I've incorporated the isolation stairs in. I wanted to create a large space and high ceilings, so that when Tracey Moffat is working, she seems small in such a large space, which can create the feeling of isolation.

The textures and also her artwork is added into my design, which can be seen in the above two images. The extension of the space in comparison to a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment